Fast Cooling Busbar Insulation
Posted On May 24, 2021
Uninsulated busbars were thought to cool off faster than insulated. However, busbars coated with epoxy coating powders cool off faster than:
- Bare bar when applied thin
Light Filtering Epoxy for Surface Mount Sensors
Posted On 09/14/2017
Optical sensors are used for a wide variety of consumer, automotive and industrial applications, such as smart phones, tablets, TVs, laptop computers, self-driving cars, health monitors, and bar code scanners.
Clear Epoxy-Hybrid Liquid – An Alternative to Silicone
Epoxy can be a great alternative to silicone in lighting applications but up until now, most designers preferred silicone for its anti-yellowing durability.
SolEpoxy has developed OL10-1 which is a clear, epoxy-hybrid featuring the best anti-yellowing chemistry of any liquid epoxy on the market today. Testing by SolEpoxy and our lead users proves that OL10-1 is the clear encapsulant of choice for LED junction temperatures (Tj) up to 105°C.
SolEpoxy OL-Series: Rapid-prototyping; Easy scale-up.
Posted On 08/10/2016
SolEpoxy OL10-1 offers rapid prototyping by:
- Testing out various configurations in liquid form
- Prototyping with a liquid with the same optical properties as a clear mold compound for low-volume production
- Scale up with a clear mold compound that has superior resistance to yellowing.
MH7-1: Strong like steel; Insulates like epoxy.
MH7-1 combines the best of three worlds:
- The homogeneous strength of steel
- The light-weight of fiberglass
- The insulating power of epoxy
MH7-1 is a fine, homogeneous molding compound that yields isotropic strength through both compression molding and transfer molding. It is capable of filling complex mold shapes and encapsulating small electronic components.
Class H Powder for motor iron
Posted On June 14, 2016
- Improves Reliability: Class H insulation powder insures improved reliability with higher temperatures.
- Extends the motor lifetime.
- Reduce costs: Class H insulation powder reduces life cycle costs by being a energy resource conservation.
Advantages of Epoxy Coating Powder over Mylar Sleeves
Posted On March 7th, 2016
Low & medium voltage busbars can be electrical insulated using either mylar sleeves or epoxy coating powder. Epoxy coating powder provides the following benefits over mylar:
- It costs less than plastic per linear foot/meter
- Epoxy has higher operating temperature
- Epoxy can be used on Odd Shaped Parts