(click to view a larger image)
DK7-0953M is the industry standard for the insulation of electric motor armatures and stators. DK7-0953M works extremely well for both AC and DC electric motors. This includes armatures and stators for fractional horsepower motors and higher.
The coating provides superior edge coverage and high impact strength which yields a more durable motor. High cut through temperature serves to protect the motor even at high operating temperatures.
DK7-0953M is tested and qualified for UL EIS 1446 155°C (Class F) rating. Exceptional shelf stability is an attractive feature of this coating powder.
- Permits the use of more copper in the slots allowing for smaller, higher-power motors
- Better heat transfer than slot liners because of the intimate bonding of the insulating powder to the laminations
- Reduced copper waste compared to slot liners since the winding does not need to go up and over the liner
- Shelf life greater than one year with 10°C storage
- Slot liner insulation of motors and stators
- Used extensively in high humidity manufacturing countries