(click to view a larger image)
Different than semiconductor molding applications, system-in-package encapsulation requires the encapsulation of multiple components with varying sizes, geometries and complexities.
Molding compounds must be low stress encapsulants as well as be thermally conductive to dissipate the heat the devices generate.
Key Application Considerations:
- Many components with various sizes and geometries
- Must pass a minimum of MSL 4
- Device generates heat that must be dissipated
Key Material Properties:
- Thermal conductivity: ≥ 2.5
- Glass Transition Temperature (Tg) must be higher than 135°C
- CTE must be lower than 20ppm/°C